It’s unanimous: we love Cancun. Here’s just a few reasons why we love it here.
1. Weather. the sun is out in force but it’s still so pleasant. We get a great breeze in our house and we haven’t been using A/C much at all. We open up doors and windows and we love the big puffy clouds.
2. Activities. In the last week alone we’ve been to a parade, a trampoline park, dinner on the water next to the dolphins, a midnight showing of Deadpool, time with friends, a craft fair and the beach. Oh, and still making a little time for homeschool and music lessons. And a quick trip to the hospital. OK, well that wasn’t fun, but it was not that stressful either.
3. Friends. There are some wonderful people here, with whom we have bonded almost instantly. And new ones arrive regularly. It’s an active, ever-changing area.
4. Our house. Despite minimal furniture and
no hardly any decorations, we love our house. It’s easy to have guests, the neighborhood is great/safe for the kids and we have lots of room for everyone to spread out. Oh, and we can all enjoy our own TV shows at the same time with our fast(er) internet.
5. Food. Whether it’s traditional Mexican food, old favorites from home like Applebee’s and Krispy Kreme or my favorite sushi place next to Dan’s favorite burger joint a block from our house. We are all happy campers with all the choices.
6. Cenotes. They are everywhere and they each have a different “personality”. We are on a mission to explore as many as we can while we’re here.
7. Strong dollar. We pay our rent in pesos which means that we are now paying $200 USD less per month than when we first moved in two months ago.
8. Color. Mexico loves color! The crafts, the stores, the houses, they are all so colorful! I want to buy a house in Cancun for no other reason than to decorate it with all these colorful things!
We are anxious to see other parts of the world but I have a feeling Cancun will be one we return to from time to time. But we still have 10 more months here so lots of time to enjoy all it’s benefits. Come down and see for yourself.