Even though it’s technically a weekend we’ve had a number of educational successes today:
– Zoe got a 24 out of 25 on a geography quiz she took at the local school on Friday, complete with colored map and key. The quiz was on the surrounding area. I was impressed she was able to follow along after only 2 weeks in school
– As part of homeschool Haley was supposed to do some computer programming for 20 minutes. We gave her a new website to try and she’s been at it for over 2 hours. I love that homeschooling allows us to follow her passion.
– Zoe and I managed to understand her “deberes” (homework) from local school enough to study a bit about how the heart works and color a page depicting the 9th station of the cross (again, religion at school)
– Thanks to our new routine of watching a documentary most nights, I was able to get a question right on Trivia Crack (and I had declared it a boring documentary that I swore would never be useful. woops)
– I have connected with a fellow expat who was a teacher in the states for 18 years. She and I will be meeting to map out a long term curriculum for homeschool, taking into account state standards, our travel plans, the kids’ interests and local school subjects.
So now you see that not every day is a beach day! Some days we work hard too.